Friday, May 11, 2012

Nails of the Day: Spring Brights


Another Word of the Shay: Nails of the Day for you! My last NOTD was a fresh soft look with a pop. This time around I'm showcasing bright nails. Instead of one shade or an accent nail, I went for two shades alternating, of course you can do this in any pattern you'd like, (some refer to it as colour-blocking for your nails).


As usual I started with Nail Life Gripper basecoat and I finished everything off with Nail Life Speed Demon quick dry topcoat.


The Spring green shade is Go Go Green from Maybelline's new Color Show launch of nail lacquers. I will be grabbing a couple more of these and doing a review later on, but for now I have to say that the formula on this particular lacquer was top notch.


The other shade, which I'm going to call a bright primary coral, was made by layering two polishes. The first of which was Hot & Spicy from OPI, a very orange coral in a cream finish. However I wanted something brighter and to balance the coral out with a little more pink. So after two coats of Hot & Spicy, I topped it with one coat of Orly Hot Shot, which is a much brighter, pinker coral in a neon finish (Note: Hot Shot is much brighter and has more of a pink tone than it photographs, it's one of those hard to capture colours). And there you have it!

(Maybelline Go Go Green, OPI Hot & Spicy, Orly Hot Shot)

(Maybelline Go Go Green)

(Maybelline Go Go Green)

(Maybelline Go Go Green)

(OPI Hot & Spicy)

(OPI Hot & Spicy)

(OPI Hot & Spicy)

(Orly Hot Shot)

(Orly Hot Shot)

(Orly Hot Shot)
I hope you enjoy this manicure! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment